Marijuana has been medically proven useful to treat numerous long-term ailments and addictions. But, its use as refreshment for stress relief in common life has been regarded unethical. Many countries don’t legally allow to consume the products that are discreetly made as medicines. Florida has a standard system that tackles the records and maintains the count of prescribed users. The Florida Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMU) keeps track and count for safe use of Marijuana under medical guidance. Let’s see further see how it works and how can someone qualify for Florida Medical Marijuana Registry.
Working Procedures Of MMU Registry
MMU Registry is an online database for open reference where potential marijuana users can register themselves. It keeps the count of all the users in the region who are truly eligible for medical usage.
- The prescribed Marijuana patients can take the help of the physician or the hospital staff to get themselves registered. The patients need to be certified through the doctor and should produce relevant documents as required.
- The working staff, especially in this field, has well acquaintance and training to get the patients registered correctly. Moreover, it helps them procure the medicine from local dealers and pharmacies along with any imports.
- The patients get a unique Id on registering in the records. It helps their doctors recognise the certified users and helps them get over the surveillance of suspicion.
How To Be Registered?
The patients generally register through the hospitals; thus, verification isn’t required for a prescription. However, they are required to produce documents for:
- Residence: They can use a driver’s licence or utility bills of the previous months as proof of being a permanent resident of Florida. The temporary or vacation dwellers can show their last utility bill and the documents of their original address. Sometimes they are even required to produce government signed emails or letters to prove their distant residence.
- Age: The patients need to submit age proof as birth certificates or through a state-issued document stating the age. Marijuana users are sometimes minors who need utmost guidance. In their case, the age proofs of both the patient and the guardian are required. Usually, birth certificates are asked to be produced.
Sometimes adult caregivers also qualify for Florida Medical Marijuana Registry. They must produce certification for their training and appointment to assist the aged for proper medicinal consumption. They also have to produce the discussed legal documents for proof.
MMU Registry was introduced to curb the drug abuse and overconsumption of Marijuana as it is highly addictive and may pave the way to unexpected future complications.